Disclaimer: AlphaBlossom is a recommended developer for Agent Evolution, the company behind the Equity Framework.
For the past four (plus) years I’ve been developing websites exclusively with the Genesis Framework by StudioPress. Over the last two years much of that work has been in the real estate market, still using the Genesis Framework along with real estate child themes from Agent Evolution.
I am a big fan of the Agent Evolution Genesis child themes, so I was very interested when they told me they were working on a new WordPress framework for real estate websites, now known as the Equity Framework.
The New Equity Framework For WordPress, By Agent Evolution
The Equity Framework is a brand new, mobile Responsive framework (think parent theme) that integrates perfectly with IDX Broker, so that your website can do the work it was meant to do…display dynamic real estate listings, allow visitors extensive real estate search capabilities, capture leads and make sales more effectively.
It’s so good that shortly after its debut, Agent Evolution was acquired by IDX Broker. That’s great news for real estate agents, real estate brokers and real estate website developers.
With unprecedented access to IDX research and development, the future looks very bright for Agent Evolution’s Equity Framework.
Equity Framework Review
The Equity Framework is built specifically for real estate websites. Although it’s optimized to work with IDX Broker, you can create a powerful and effective website without an IDX service, or with the IDX service of your choice.
There are currently three child themes available with more on the way. The current child themes are Must See, Move-in Ready and Picture Perfect. If you visit the child theme pages on Agent Evolution’s website, you’ll find links to demos with and without IDX Broker, as well as a link to view the WordPress admin.
- Mobile Responsive – Layout changes to look its best on any screen size or device. Includes “Hamburger” style collapsible mobile navigation/menus
- Custom CSS Panel – Allows you to enter CSS changes into an input box in the admin panel
- Editable Footer – An admin page that allows you to customize the footer using short codes or standard HTML. Includes a Footer Left, Footer Right, and Disclaimer input box
- 3 Standard Layout Options – Full width, Content/Sidebar or Sidebar/Content. The default layout for most pages is Content/Sidebar, but of course this is dependent on the child theme used. Layouts can be selected on a page by page basis in the page admin screen
- Custom Widgets – Includes custom menu, featured page, featured posts and, if using the WP Listings plugin, featured listings widgets
- Icon and Logo Uploader – Upload your logo, favicon and Apple Touch icon through the WordPress customizer
- Shortcodes – Tons of shortcodes allow you to easily insert buttons, social icons, contact info, columns, testimonials, responsive video, Font Awesome icons and more
- Includes Properticons – Properticons are Agent Evolution’s custom vector based real estate icons, included with the Equity Framework
IDX Broker Features – Unlocked when IDX Broker is activated
- “Wrappers” Custom Post Type – Allows you to easily add unlimited wrappers to integrate IDX Broker content into your website seamlessly (see more about this below)
- IDX Broker Custom Styling – IDX Widgets have been styled to match the child theme, ensuring a seamless integration into your website
- Custom IDX Widgets – Horizontal or vertical quick search, property carousel, property showcase, city links, lead login and lead signup widgets all appear in the WordPress admin once you have activated IDX Broker
IDX Wrappers, The Easy Way
One of my favorite new features of the Equity Framework is the built in Wrappers custom post type. There are several ways to integrate IDX Broker into your WordPress site. The recommended way for WordPress is to create a page to display the IDX content, add a bit of code and attach that page URL to the wrapper you’d like to use.
You can create as many wrappers as you’d like and assign different IDX content to them. One wrapper is the Global wrapper, which is the default page to display all IDX content unless another wrapper is specified.
The problem with this method is that your wrappers are WordPress pages. They are mixed up with all of the other pages on your website…until the Equity Framework came along.
Once activated, you’ll notice a new menu item in your WordPress admin called…Wrappers. This is a WordPress custom post type made specifically for wrappers. Very cool! Now you can create wrappers for unlimited pages without intermingling with your standard pages.
You can use the standard WordPress WYSIWYG TinyMCE editor to add whatever content you’d like before your IDX content. You can enter a unique title for each Wrapper, just as you would normally for a page or post.
It makes it very easy to add unlimited wrappers and maintain a very organized page/post/wrapper structure, all separate from each other, as shown in the screenshot below!
If you’re a realtor, agent or developing real estate websites, take a look at the Equity Framework for Real Estate Websites. Take it a step further with the SEO friendly, mobile responsive IDX Broker.
If you’re ready to make a website that gets leads and converts those leads to customers, contact AlphaBlossom to get started. We look forward to partnering with you to develop a Real Estate solution that works for you!